Resources to Strengthen Your Domestic Discipline Relationship
Happy Valentines Day everyone! In honor of Valentines Day and our domestic discipline anniversary (which was last weekend!!) we have put together a list of resources to help you improve your domestic discipline relationship.
In 2012, we posted one Couples Challenge per month in an effort to help strengthen domestic discipline relationships throughout the community. The Couples Challenges were (and still are) a huge hit with both beginners to the lifestyle, and those who are more experienced. Below we have listed the 12 Couples Challenges, and invite you to check them out.
February: Addressing Faults
April: Spreading the Word
May: The Rules
June: Great Qualities Part I
July: Great Qualities Part II
September: Planning Improvement
Below are a list of books (both domestic discipline, and non domestic discipline) that we feel may really help you with domestic discipline, being an HoH, being a submissive partner, or with your marriage/relationship in general. Whether you’re new to domestic discipline or have practiced for many years, we hope you find this list helpful.
- Domestic Discipline Boot Camp for Beginners: This is our new eBook that is only available right now on a pre-release until February 28th. You can purchase it by clicking here, and every purchase enters you into our giveaway for a $100 Amazon gift card.
- Domestic Discipline Boot Camp: This eBook is geared more towards experienced domestic discipline couples. Like the above book, it is available for purchase here and each purchase will also enter you into our Amazon.com giveaway.
- The Love Dare: We are big fans of Alex and Stephen Kendrick’s book The Love Dare. The Love Dare is a 40-day journey to strengthening your relationship and although it does not specifically pertain to domestic discipline, a lot of the 40 day challenges will strengthen your core values which will transition over into domestic discipline. Whether you have been together with your partner for 1 month or 50 years, we highly recommend The Love Dare which you can purchase (or read more about) by clicking here.
- The Excellent Wife: Written by Martha Peace, The Excellent Wife is a scripture based book that focuses on improving your relationships with your husband, your children and God. You can purchase the book here.
- The Surrendered Wife: Like The Excellent Wife, The Surrendered Wife (written by Laura Doyle) explores what it means to be a submissive wife, ways to strengthen your marriage, and teaches/walks through how to give up the unnecessary control (which is important in a domestic discipline relationship). Although there are some parts of the book that we don’t agree with, overall it’s worth reading if you’re starting (or are experienced with) domestic discipline. You can purchase it here.
- Family Shepherds Calling and Equipping Men to Lead Their Homes: If you’re a Christian this book is great. It focuses on examining why being the head of the household is important, how to lead your family, and how to improve or strengthen your marriage. There’s also quite a bit about parenting, and the Bible, in it so if those both apply to you it’s definitely worth reading. You can purchase it here.
Below are a list of websites, articles, and other resources that may help you with your domestic discipline relationship. These are great if you don’t have time to read a full book (like the ones above) or are just looking for a brief overview of certain domestic discipline topics.
- What is Domestic Discipline?
- Spanking vs. Abuse
- When the HoH Does Something Wrong
- The Spanking Implements Guide
- The Learning Domestic Discipline Forums
- Domestic Discipline Experience Project groups (Note: you can find others on The Experience Project by searching for domestic discipline in the Experience Project search box)
- Releasing Tears During a Spanking
- HoH Emotions in Domestic Discipline
- Husbands Getting Started at Taking Charge
- The Learning Domestic Discipline Social Network
- Frequently Asked Domestic Discipline Questions (and you can find many more by clicking here)
- The Art of the Lecture
If you have any website links, blog links, books, etc. that we missed, feel free to submit them to us! We would love to include them. You may do so by leaving it in the comments below, or by emailing us.
Happy Valentines Day! We have an enormous amount of appreciation, love and respect for all of our readers. We hope that you have a wonderful Valentines Day!
-Clint & Chelsea
© 2013 Learning Domestic Discipline